But okay listen: 7 years ago today, MILLIONS. LITERALLY MILLIONS. of Potterheads from all over the world were sitting with their brand-new copies of the Deathly Hallows and taking their final journey with Harry. It’s amazing when you think of the sheer scope of it-that many people in a sense united by this one book, riding the same emotional roller coaster simultaneously.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.